This level is for children ages 3-5 years that are attending their first set of swim lessons. The goal of this level is to make children more comfortable in the water and encourage some underwater exploration. Your child will be encouraged to: get their face wet and go under the water, float on front and back with lots of help from their instructor, and much more.
Here are a few of the key skills you will see your child practicing:
- Getting comfortable in the water
- Floating comfortably with some instructor assistance on front and back
- Submersions-continue to work on comfort level underwater
- Holding breathe for at least 5 seconds underwater
- Roll-overs from front to back
- Self Rescue Techniques – entering and exiting the water as well as returning to a point of safety